Last week my fam had our Stuart Family Reunion. Seeing and talking to my relatives got me thinking more about some things: marriage, family and vocation primarily. On my dad's side, I have many cousins who are older. Most are my senior, actually. Only one first cousin is younger.
So, in a way, this affords me a candid view into the future by observing the lives of my three older siblings and eight first cousins and their families. I made mental notes in the areas of picking a spouse, childrearing and working and making money.
In terms of vocation, I had some encouraging conversations with various relatives. These convos reiterated several goals I have relating to work and making money in the future:
-Work fewer than 40 hours per week
-Don't work for someone else
-Make majority of money with passive investments rather than active means
Absolutely I want to avoid the cubicle, corporate bulsh. Yet I'm in the Army. Explain that one. But there are eight people in my family who are self-employed. I think this contributes largely to my views on work scenarios.
I figure if I work less and most of my income doesn't require me to physically work for it, then the familial benefits are vast.
4 comments:
so basically you want to just hang out and talk and take pictures.....hmm sounds familiar, except the pictures part, J-Stew
Easy-cheezy, Japanesey...
1) Marry Woman with Hips--the kind that let loose children like a slide at the park.
2) Make the babies.
3) Make the babies work for you.
You didn't comment about what watching your relatives has taught you about picking a spouse and child rearing. Hmmmm...
Are you formulating a response to my email.
T
Passive investment income is definitely the way to go -- there's nothing quite like the knowledge that some other bloke is grinding years off his life so that you can reap the benefits of his labor.
Capitalist.
Post a Comment