I believe it was Michael Jackson who sang the words Heal the World, make it a better place...for you and for me and the entire human race...
And while our friend, Michael is a smidge off the reservation these days, I dig me some '90s classics like anybody else. And perhaps our MJ hit on something with his sentiments.
I found this quiz online yesterday. Basically, it tells you how many worlds would need to exist in order for everyone on the planet to live like you do. It's an easy 15-question ditty. My results were pretty surprising. And disturbing.
There would need to be 3.7 Earths for EVERYONE to live like me — across the plains of Texas from sea to shining Indian Sea.
The test also tells you how many acres of land are needed to sustain your way of life for one year. I need 16 acres. Eight below the American average of 24 acres.
So how many worlds do you need?
And have we purchased bikes, driven less, moved into multi-unit housing, shopped organically and picked up public transport passes yet?
Easy things to say, and inconvenient to practice for some. But, overall, I think we can do a lot better...
2 comments:
I took it for myself and got the same. I took it and estimated what the answers would be for an RUF intern in Trujillo, Peru (like the English-teacher interns live) and it said only 1.0 earths would be needed.
7 earths baby!
Texas Livin'
Post a Comment