I'm looking at a 3.0 GPA for this semester, which isn't great considering I only had 9 hrs. But really, am I bothered? No. In my earlier college days back when I was a music major, I padded my GPA with the easier one and two hour classes. I always got an A in my trombone lessons "class." So, my GPA was basically bolstered then and is now slowly drifting down. I'm not too worried, though. Only two semesters remaining.
_______________________________________________________
Laura, Sam and I just returned from our several day mini-tour of the South. We went down to Atlanta for Sam's graduation from Georgia State. He is now the proud owner of an MA in history.
It was a grand trip. We stopped in Columbus, Miss., Tuscaloosa, Ala., Atlanta, Madison, Ga., Nashville, and Bolivar, Tenn. Laura and I met a host of Sam's "grad school friends" as well as some "Georgia Tech friends" he picked up while down there.
Speaking of which, the GT campus is pretty sweet. Right in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Bobby-Dodd stadium has more of a view than ol' Owen Field. We also saw the famous Bryant-Denny Field while in Tuscaloosa. Lots of history there.


We stopped in Tuscaloosa so Sam could meet a prof who he might study under for his P.h.D. I took an online test in the student union and absorbed some scenes.
The highlights of the trip included: seeing lots of old antebellum homes and buildings (c. 1810-1890s), observing Southern sorority girl culture, drinking locally brewed suds (Sweet Water 420) with Sam's Atlanta amigos, eating fresh collard greens and turnips, buying fireworks in Tennessee, Sam peeing in a bottle in the car—twice, seeing the GT and Alabama campuses and watching little Samuel receive his diploma.



Overall, a nice 1,900 mile trip and a good release from a completed semester. Now I think I'm ready for a nice Christmas break.
No comments:
Post a Comment