Friday, July 01, 2005

breaking the silence

Random material following:

Well, here I am--finally back on the text. Honestly, I haven't had a lot to say as of late. Sorry fellow link junkies. There's nothing more disappointing than an un-updated blog in the digital world. Sorry ya'll. It's just so much easier to post pictures on my other blog.

Anyway, today was sort of interesting for me. After writing a check to my credit card lords, I mailed off my first official credit card payment. I got a card through USAA and the rates aren't bad (it's still a raping mind you, if you don't pay it all off monthly). I'm just buying gas with it, paying it off in full each month. So far so good. I'll keep you updated on my credit life.

I also got a shot in the arse today, on account of the horrendous case of poison ivy I've contracted over the past week and a half. It all started with me clearing a bunch of brush in the back yard of a house I mow. This was the day I had the chainsaw debacle for those of you keeping up on justpixels. So, on that day I managed to cut myself with a chainsaw and get the worst case of "my-gosh-this-itches-like-a-female-dog" ivy ever. $10 per hour is a good amount, but in retrospect, I don't think it was worth it. Damn ivy. It's not fun to wake up twice in the night to apply anti-itch goods to my plagued epidermis. If this shot doesn't work I might have to start shouting UNCLEAN.

The nurse who gave me the shot suggested I "stay inside" as much as possible and to "keep cool." This is good news as I'm leaving in a week to go Ft. Benning, Ga., for my two weeks of Army bitness. Good thing it's not hot in Georgia in July. I'll be out on the parade field in the middle of the day playing my heart out for Uncle Sam whilst itching not unlike a mother fo'. One can only hope his buttocks distributes medicinal goods accordingly and in an effective manner in times like these.

This brings me to other ramblings. I'll be leaving next Saturday for two weeks, arriving back home on the 22nd and flying out for The Merry Old on the 25th from D-town. When I get back from this trip on August 10, I'll have just a few days before the summer wanes and school (with the student media burden) lights up again. This is my attempt at complaining, but all things considered (no not the show on NPR), I really don't have room to complain at all.

Interestingly, my hotter-n-'ell Georgian-based Army venture, while perhaps not being a tour-de-barrel-o'-monkeys, is funding my England trip in full. I really am thankful for the fundeage my Uncle shells out to me, considering my role as a part of the Department of Defense. "Operation Smokin' T-bones", or "Operation Brass Band." That's what I'll call my next two weeks. OP B.B. for short. Gotta abbreviate it in keeping with military tradition.

So I finally went and saw Star Wars tonight. I actually really liked it. Finally, Jar-Jar Binks wasn't in it! GOOD GRAVY! It had some interesting themes. Failing to trust in providence in favor of blatant self-absorbsion. Anakin definitely went ape poo-poo in this department, even killing little younglings. What did they ever do to him? Poor little Jedi younglings.
My favorite quote in the movie was when Obi-wan said "You were supposed to be THE one!" to Anakin who was sans legs at this point (courtesy of Obi-wan), smouldering next to a flaming lava flow. It actually was a little touching, the conflict between Obi-wan and Anakin as Obi-wan applied a heavy spank-down on Anakin despite his feelings for Anakin.
"You were like a brother to me," Obi said with a tear in his eye. Truly moving. Obi really should have finished the deal though instead of assuming Anakin had taken it in the pants for good. All it took was some painted PVC pipe in the form of a helmet, some hosiery and some James Earl Jones voice dubbing and Anakin was back in business, old skool. These silly Jedi just can't seem to put two to the dome of their adversaries and call it done. You'd think they would have "get-er-done" training at their academy in which they would learn how to bust some skulls without having a moment. If only I were a Jedi...My light saber would be hot pink but I'd kill dark lords like a champ.

Well, I just thought I'd mention as an afterthought, that as I was writing this Molly ralphed all her dinner up on the floor before she could make it outside. Nothing like spooning mounds of warm, partially digested Purina One and grass onto a paper plate. After puking Molly got a drink then tried to give me a big lick on the face, just 'cause. Not tonight I'm afraid, Molls.
You veterans with kids are probably thinking this is nothing. I'm sure children can conjure up exponentially-nastier guttural utterances than dogs.

Conclusion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poison Ivy seems to be all the rage these days. Hopefully it is going back in style. Poison Ivy is easy and affordable, unlike those Gerbaud jeans and Tommy belts. I'm glad that our culture is moving towards cheap and affordable (same thing) styles. Maybe breathing will be cool soon. Or sleeping. You know, activities that don't cost anything.

Laura Negus said...

chubby! you gave me a touch of the PI, too. Sucks about Molly; what was she protesting this time?

Anonymous said...

immune to all effects of ivy's in general

never had a case one.

even thru the bowls of the OU GC
Creek my friend, whiffle bat in one hand and a pillow case full of golf balls in the other.

baby throwup (everyday occurance for at least the first year of life)=stagnated tummy juices+breastmilk


Generic White Businessman