Well, here I am in Georgia. I've never been here before, so I guess that is cool.
We flew down yesterday, hitting up Atlanta and then Columbus respectively, until I found myself at Ft. Benning, home of the INFANTRY (make guttural noises here). It seems like this intro is going somewhere but it's really not...
At any rate, our quarters seem to be respectable, consisting of barracks with single soldier rooms. The place usually houses officer candidates, trying to earn their measly gold bar, thus becoming a 2nd Lieutenant (this is a private of officers).
But the internet access is unhindered and the lush, WET scenery abundant. Ol'Dennis is bringing in lots of precipitation for us here. It looks like it's going to rain all week, too. Seeing as all of our planned concerts this week are outside, there's a good chance that at least some of our shiz will get the white flag, sending us into drier, more indolent conditions. I hope this will happen as I brought plenty of reading material.
Apparently, all of the lesser soldiers in the band have to teach a class of some sort these two weeks. I've been assigned to teach about sexual herassment prevention. I got a thick packet of crap, laying out various crap of how to deal with sexual herassment. It should be interesting. Perhaps I'll have some role playing.
Big Boss Man: You know Janine, I think you're work has really been suffering lately.
Janine: Well, Mr. Big Boss Man, I've been doing my best. The kids have just been sick a lot.
Big Boss Man: Well Janine, I think if you just worked a little harder, like Peter over there (BBM winks and smiles at Peter) than we wouldn't be having this talk.
Janine: Yes, no, I know you're right Mr. Big Boss Man. It'll never happen again.
Big Boss Man: That's what I like to here from my employees. Now how about you get a better haircut, too. (BBM smiles cheesily)
Something like that maybe...
Well, this is about all for now. Old Jorge Horton and I might be walking over to the convenience store nearby. We're kind of thirsty, and liquor laws in Georgia are different than up in Oklahoma if you know what I mean. We also have a personal fridge at our disposal. What with the rain and all, I'm thinking that thing could come in pretty handy.
1 comment:
Oh boy, chubby. Sounds like a rip-roaring good time. Role-playing is always very useful in real-life situations. Now when Suzy the new temp gets her ass grabbed by Roger she'll go "hey, wait... I remember what to do here... kick him in the balls! No, no, wait... tell him I don't appreciate it... and then kick him in the balls!" Anyways... have fun, chubby! Oh boy. Don't forget to take it seriously, though, not too seriously of course, but these things do happen, and it can be pretty crap. Anyways... I'll find a Caroline Knapp essay for you on the subject.
Post a Comment